Tegra Medical, Franklin (Massachusetts), is looking to fill the Automation Engineer position. This position has full responsibility for managing automation projects and is instrumental in reaching productivity goals as well as implementing strategic initiatives, which sustainably improve the overall performance.
The Automation Engineer will collaborate and exchange with other Automation teams in the SFS group. The position also includes travel within the American sites and to Europe for training and project purposes. The Automation Engineer will be part of the Franklin Engineering Group and report to the Engineering Director.
Initially, you will spend the first 6-12 months in Switzerland, Heerbrugg (SFS headquarters) for training purposes. After that you will relocate to the US and work in Franklin Massachusetts for at least 3 years.
- Manages automation projects and leads international project teams
- Ensures know-how exchange with other automation teams in the Tegra and SFS groups
- Automation engineering design, programming, and from Conceptual Design through Commission & Qualification project phases
- Independently provide project support activities such as detailed design, design review, implementation, program changes, testing/debug, troubleshooting, and project management
- Leads the purchasing process for major automation projects, develops key suppliers
- Troubleshooting of process, equipment, and system malfunctions or failures
- Drives continuous improvement process and engages employees to constantly improve productivity
- Develops manufacturing strategies considering latest technology
- Supports the new part introduction process and participates in design for manufacturing meetings
- Maintain positive, high performance environment that fosters extraordinary customer satisfaction, enhanced morale and individual employee development through team building, coaching, training
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- GMP and validation experience required
- 5+ years of programming experience in one or more of the following platforms: Allen-Bradley/Rockwell, Siemens, GE, Wonderware, Mitsubishi, Omron …
- Robotics background, experience with Fanuc, Universal Robotics or similar types
- Electrical design experience including panel layout, power distribution, and I/O
- Understanding of control system network topology
During your time at Tegra Medical, you will receive the following benefits
- 25 days of vacation
- Support for your relocation to and from the US
- 2 flights to Switzerland per year
- Company car
- English Training
Haben wir dein Interesse geweckt?
For more information, please contact Gabriel Tisot, HR Business Partner, T +41 71 727 64 24. Apply via our homepage www.sfs.com/jobs.
HR Business Partner